Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Coach-able Parents.

I remember when I first started playing basketball. It was my junior year of high school and it was more street-ball, every man for himself, than any thing else. When I went to college I started to play, for the first time, organized basketball. What a huge different! Street-ball is all about me and what I could do, in college it was about the team, being coach-able, and running the plays. Now whenever I play a pick-up game I wish they would work as a team, wish they had a coach to remind us what plays to run.

Parenting is no different. Most parents are doing it on their own. Lots of moms and dads are running their own plays, not even working together. Parents need to be on the same team, run the same plays, and coached. Really that's what we do. We have a great play book, The Parent Project, we have a great team, other Empower Parents, and we know how to win.

We need those parents who are coach-able, ready to do whatever it takes to win! We can't help them if they don't want to run the right plays. If you know a parent that is coach-able and having a hard time with a strong-willed child, let them know about Empowered Parents. www.theparenthelpcenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment